British English SpeechDat(II) MDB-1000
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données SpeechDat(II) MDB-1000 de l'anglais britannique
The British English SpeechDat(II) MDB-1000 database contains the recordings of 1,000 British speakers recorded over the GSM digital mobile network. The MDB-1000 database is partitioned into 5 CDs in ISO 9660 format.
Speech samples are stored as sequences of 8-bit 8 kHz A-law. Each prompted utterance is stored in a separate file. Each signal file is accompanied by an ASCII SAM label file which contains the relevant descriptive information.
This speech database was validated by SPEX (the Netherlands) to assess its compliance with the SpeechDat format and content specifications.
Each speaker uttered the following items
* 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits
* 3 connected digits (1 telephone number –9/11 digits, 1 credit card number –14/16 digits, 1 PIN code -6 digits)
* 3 dates (1 spontaneous e.g. birthday, 1 word style prompted date, 1 relative and general date expression)
* 1 word spotting phrase using an embedded application word
* 2 isolated digits
* 3 spelled words (1 spontaneous name e.g. own forename, 1 city name, 1 real / artificial word for coverage)
* 1 currency money amount
* 1 natural number
* 5 directory assistance names (1 spontaneous name e.g. own forename, 1 city of birth/growing up, 1 most frequent cities out of a set of 500, 1 most frequent company/agency out of a set of 500, 1 ‘forename surname’ out of a set of 150 full names
* 2 yes/no questions (1 predominantly ‘yes’ question, 1 predominantly ‘no’ question)
* 9 phonetically rich sentences
* 2 time phrases (1 spontaneous time of day, 1 word style time phrase)
* 4 phonetically rich words
The following age distribution has been obtained: 329 speakers are between 16 and 30, 340 speakers between 31 and 45, and 331 speakers are between 46 and 60.
A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
View resource description in all available languages