IDIOLOGOS 1 “Bootstrap” (NEOLOGOS Project)
View resource name in all available languages
IDIOLOGOS 1 “Bootstrap” (projet NEOLOGOS)
The IDIOLOGOS 1 “Bootstrap” database was produced within the French national project NEOLOGOS, as part of the Technolangue programme funded by the French Ministry of Research and New Technologies (MRNT). The databases produced in the framework of the NEOLOGOS project are designed for the development and the assessment of French speech or speaker recognizers and speech synthesizers. They consist of:
1) the IDIOLOGOS databases are made of adults voices and are available in 2 subsets:
- the “Bootstrap” database (catalogue ref. ELRA-S0226-01),
- the “Eingenspeakers” database (catalogue ref. ELRA-S0226-02);
2) the PAIDIALOGOS database (catalogue ref. ELRA-S0227) is made of children’s and teenagers’ voices.
The IDIOLOGOS 1 “Bootstrap” database contains the recordings of 1000 adult French speakers (470 males and 530 females) recorded over the French fixed telephone network. The speakers uttered 45 phonetically rich sentences. The 45 sentences are the same for all speakers.
This database is distributed as 1 DVD-ROM. The speech files are stored as sequences of 8-bit, 8kHz A-law speech files and are not compressed, according to the specifications of NEOLOGOS. Each prompt utterance is stored within a separate file and has an accompanying ASCII SAM label file.
This speech database was validated by SPEX (the Netherlands) to assess its compliance with the NEOLOGOS format and content specifications.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
- 1 digit sequence (5+ digits)
- 1 telephone number (10 digits)
- 1 credit card number (16 digits)
- 1 spelling of directory assistance city name
- 1 real/artificial for coverage
- 45 phonetically rich sentences
The following age distribution has been obtained: 288 speakers are between 18 and 30, 264 speakers are between 31 and 45, 247 speakers are between 46 and 61, and 201 speakers are over 61.
A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
View resource description in all available languages